Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Things I'd Like To Say

But I can't because I don't have the time and others have done it really, really well lately. I suggest you read:

1. Stephanie Gilmore's fantastic piece on Racialicious about the absence of reflexivity in movements that claim solidarity.

2. The always amazing and admirable Flavia Dzodan has a wonderful rant about that whole n-word debacle at Slut Walk in which she (rightfully) proclaims: "My Feminism will be intersectional or it will be bullshit." Can I get that in a tattoo?

I really want to write something about World Mental Health day, which was this past week, as well as about a piece I saw about the Nobel prize for literature, but the time, it is running out lately. Keep yourself satisfied with these amazing writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment